Vetpro B Boost Paste
Contact us about this product
B group vitamins are essential for the conversion of chemical energy that occurs within the muscle fibres.
Under grazing conditions, the daily requirement of B vitamins is produced by the micro-organisms in the large intestine. High grain intake lowers the intestinal pH with a resultant drop in vitamin B production.
A diet low in B vitamins has shown to have an effect on athletic performance. Human studies have shown that when athletes were restricted to less than half of their daily requirement for vitamins B1, B2 & B6, a significant drop in performance occurred.
Similar studies in equine athletes have shown that supplementing with vitamin B1 prior to competition improved performance by reducing the accumulation of lactic acid in the muscles.
Horses in training benefit from B vitamin supplementation for several reasons:
- The production of ATP increases with exercise, therefore so does the requirement for B vitamins.
- Digestion of high grain diets leads to a fall in the pH of the large intestine, which in turn alters the microflora population. The result is a net decrease in B vitamin production.
- Studies have shown that supplementing Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) in the diet has the effect of reducing post exercise lactic acid levels.
- B Boost paste contains high levels of all the essential B group vitamins in one single oral dose syringe. It also contains Betaine, which is converted to dimethylglycine in the liver. DMG reduces lactic acid build-up during strenuous exercise.
- B Boost contains no prohibited substances so is safe to use prior to competition and should be administered 12 to 24 hours prior to competition, or on a regular basis for poor appetite, or to assist recovery after sickness. Also assists recovery from traveling long distances.